1JZ Cressida swap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1JZ Cressida swap

1JZ Cressida swap

Would anyone happen to know what I would need to put a 1J in a Cressida plus a 5spd tranny swap?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SupraForums.com
    Advertisements

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TazBrown20 View Post
    Would anyone happen to know what I would need to put a 1J in a Cressida plus a 5spd tranny swap?
    what year cressida?
    14 Mustang
    96 RHD Supra hardtop 3.1 GTE

SupraForums Member
    front sump? Is the car already 5spd? Kinda like swaping a mkIII without the support of tons of swaps to go to for info. Wiring will be the biggest issue regardless. I think a chaser 1j/manual set will be what is best for you. If I am wrong I will probably be corrected.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaRob View Post
    front sump? Is the car already 5spd? Kinda like swaping a mkIII without the support of tons of swaps to go to for info. Wiring will be the biggest issue regardless. I think a chaser 1j/manual set will be what is best for you. If I am wrong I will probably be corrected.
    yep find a chaser 5 speed since you need a front sump 1jz then depending on what year you might need some mount and then take the wiring to dr tweak or figure it out your self everything else is pretty plug and play.

just think of it as a 4 door mk3.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow_Sc3 View Post
    what year cressida?

SupraForums Member
    shouldnt need mounts i think the chaser mounts will work in your car since its 89+

all you need to worry about is who is going to wire the engine up. everything else is pretty much plug and play.

Silly Honda Vtecs 4 Kidz!
    yea its listen to slow_sc3...hes on the right track...my boy has a 92 cressida vvti 1jz 5 speed....

Silly Honda Vtecs 4 Kidz!
    yea its listen to slow_sc3...hes on the right track...my boy has a 92 cressida vvti 1jz 5 speed....

And what would I need for the tranny conversion?

SupraForums Member
    And what would I need for the tranny conversion?
    supra clutch master cylinder, the whole assy under the dash for the clutch petal, brake petal.

DM sells a ss clutch line use that.

use the w58 or the r154 and get the slave cylinder for that trans.

as for shifter good luck finding the jdm 5 speed interior trim.

Thank you

Good luck. If your going with a R-154, you will have to bang the tranny tunnel a bit. Might ass well get a turbo rear end while your at it.

SupraForums Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CressFromHell View Post
    Good luck. If your going with a R-154, you will have to bang the tranny tunnel a bit. Might ass well get a turbo rear end while your at it.
    you dont have to bang that much out its just where the shifter is or you can cut it out like what i did.

iv done a few cressida to gte swaps.

you have to beat the whole tunnel but not alot though if using r-154, the jzx81(mark ii) or jzx90(chaser) mounts work, using the jzx90 mounts the shifter falls in the middle the jzx81 it falls a little forward u really don't need a turbo rear the cressida rear is good enough(it is not the rear that is weak it's the sub frame that breaks ) you need the clutch system from a 89+ supra everything pedal,lines,master cylinder,clutch fork & slave cylinder, reuse the tranny mount from the cressida ,u need the front half of a 89+ supra use the front half of the supra driveshaft and the rear of the cressida center bearing an all or have a one piece driveshaft made.I would swap out the stock twins before u install but that opens a whole other can of worms but it does make the install easier . get a speedo cable from a 89+ supra (it comes in two pieces cressida speedo cable is too short) if i think of any thing else i will post it
    Last edited by myjz8u2; 01-29-2009 at 08:05 PM.

SupraForums Member
    Check out JZX Project

Quote Originally Posted by shern View Post
    Check out JZX Project
    yeah good site but be careful those guys are not that helpful at times

SupraForums Member
    For the 5 speed swap you don't have to swap the brake pedal, just add the clutch pedal and trim the stock brake pedal down to fit the smaller brake pedal pad (or aftermarket pedal) over it. Wiring is the biggest challenge, but it's been done before so it's not impossible. The Cressida rear end is not LSD, turbo MKIII Supra LSD guts drop right in though which is nice. If you have ABS you will probably lose ABS with an R154, but that's not a big deal since the stock 90's ABS really doesn't work all that great anyway to me it was actually an upgrade to disable it.

fyi cressidas come with and without lsd and again it is not the rear that is weak it is the sub frame that breaks from the rear twisting in under hard launches.

So would an SC300 swap and tranny conversion be better or easier?
    Toyota > all

sc300? you mean 2jzge motor? any jz motor will fit in the cressida i hope you mean soarer if you mean soarer yes the motor will fit as for the tranny i not sure i did a soarer swap in a cress that came with a tranny but i swapped it out with a r 154 but i dont see why it wouldn't fit.

So would an SC300 swap and tranny conversion be better or easier?
    sorry misunderstood u, sc300 swap not better(2jzge=215hp 1jzgte=280), not that much easier and to me a waste of money because of horse power numbers.unless u want just a daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by myjz8u2 View Post
    sorry misunderstood u, sc300 swap not better(2jzge=215hp 1jzgte=280), not that much easier and to me a waste of money because of horse power numbers.unless u want just a daily driver
    What I was asking was would it be easier if I get an auto SC300 and do a tranny conversion and 1JZ swap VS getting a Cressida

PERSONALLY . I would do the cressida 1jz swap over the sc300. Why? Because 1) the cressida is lighter than the sc 2) the cressida is cheaper than the sc to obtain & 3) again personlly I would rather put a 2jz in the sc because it shares the same chassis with the mkiv supra. The sc would be eiaser only if u get a soarer engine and tranny everything should fall right into place ,it would be like taking an engine out of one sc and putting it in another ,Then I think it's a matter. of wiring from there .but I would rather put a 2jz in an sc300 over a 1jz just my veiw I am sure there are a few people who disagree with me .

PERSONALLY . I would do the cressida 1jz swap over the sc300. Why? Because 1) the cressida is lighter than the sc 2) the cressida is cheaper than the sc to obtain & 3) again personlly I would rather put a 2jz in the sc because it shares the same chassis with the mkiv supra. The sc would be eiaser only if u get a soarer engine and tranny everything should fall right into place ,it would be like taking an engine out of one sc and putting it in another ,Then I think it's a matter. of wiring from there .but I would rather put a 2jz in an sc300 over a 1jz just my veiw I am sure there are a few people who disagree with me .
    Your a Noob! I disagree with you... I rather buy & drive a SC300 than a cressida...
    Oh wait.... i already do, The comfort of the lexus Sc300 is way better than a cressida, Yes i have driven both... The looks & performance of the sc300 is better than the cressida.. Swapping either car with a 1jz or 2jz the Sc300 is way easier...
    Getting out Boosted by Turbobozzer... for now...

SupraForums Member
    lol you noob

sc300 came out before mkiv supra
    sc300 is maybe 50lb heavier then cressida
    sc300= soarer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast